Before & After
Earlier this summer I picked up this little doll bed at a yard sale for 25 cents...
It must have been the lower part of a doll bunk bed because it just had those little dowel pieces sticking up on the end of each post...it also had that old yellow vinyl glued to a board for the mattress.
I found these Dowel toppers at hobby lobby for like $1.27 for a pack of 4 and stuck them on the tip of each post...but there was still a bit of a gap so I filled it in with caulking that my husband had left on the work bench from doing the windows.
Then I lightly sanded the doll bed, removed the vinyl and spray painted the bed white (MY FIRST SPRAY PAINT JOB!) and painted the mattress board light pink.
(Yeah I know the grass is too long, we need to buy a new lawn mower!)
I made the pillow with the fabric that WAS the lining of the curtains I used on the crib bumper pad (the shinyish slate blue fabric was a curtain panel on clearance and was just the fabric I had wanted!) The pink fabric was also just sitting in my stash. I learned about these sweet little circle flowers with the burnt edges from Crystal over @ Wanna Be Balanced, they are really simple and I plan on making a lot more of these in the future!