Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Meringue Layer Cake w/ Fresh Raspberries and Lemon Curd


Another heavenly recipe that came out of the Cooking For Isaiah Cookbook: Gluten Free and Dairy Free recipes by Silvana Nardone.  The picture of this dessert in the book is actually what compelled me to purchase it over other cookbooks I was looking at.  I could not WAIT to try this!  I made this at my moms house which was perfect timing because we picked the first batch of raspberries from her immaculate garden and they were TO-DIE-FOR!  I never knew raspberries could be THAT good and I'm determined to plant some raspberry bushes at our home next summer!  I give this recipe a round of applause!  The meringue is the kind your would have atop a lemon meringue cake...light and crisp on outside but super soft on the inside.  The only thing I didn't do was sprinkle with icing sugar...it didn't need it.  This gluten free dairy free layer cake is the best summer dessert I have ever had and will be using this recipe again and again!  Although I'll have to find fresh raspberries...I've never had store bough raspberries taste like these.  Anyways, I am still loving this book...maybe one of my most useful favorite book purchases ever! (along with natural baby and childcare)

 Picture of cake is not that great because it was night...by the next morning there was only the piece left in the first picture.





 A snapshot of mom and dad working on their weeds section...getting it ready to be planted with who knows what...they already have everything!




 The Produce Garden is hidden behind the arborvitaes....on the other side their yard looks like this....well...this is just a little peek...

















1 comment:

Envymycooking said...

This looks so yummy! We would love to feature you. Hope you ll come over and follow us and let us feature this yummy recipe! Email us at envy.my.cooking@gmail.com