Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gluten Free Rice Krispies!

Kellogg's Rice Krispies Gluten Free Cereal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, 12-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)
We just got back from Hy-Vee and were so excited when we went to the gluten free section and saw a display of Gluten Free Rice Krispies made with brown rice!  J was so excited and I had to get it for her!  The only cereals we've eaten in forever is Chex.  So we got home and she wanted a bowl of "crackle pop" right away so we both had some and I have to say...either it's been so long since I've had rice krispies and I'm just used to the crispiness of chex now...but I thought they weren't that crispy and went soggy really fast.  Rice Krispies used to be one of my faves so I was surprised I didn't really enjoy them as much as I thought I would but J didn't complain so that's all the matters.  I would much rather eat chex cereal any day over the gluten free rice krispies.  Especially the Cinnamon Chex, those are delish!  I am still glad they  have these gluten free RK because there a few recipes in my Cooking For Isaiah cookbook that need rice crisp cereal and the Erewhon brand she uses costs more.

2 comments:

melonbelly said...

I saw these the other day and thought of your crew! I agree, "krispies" is quite misleading. We call it "the noisy cereal"! :)

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

I know right? J just calls them Crackle Pop...she doesn't ever remember the real name...I love that you guys call rice krispies the noisy cereal! lol! You're boys are so funny and sweet!