Thursday, July 28, 2011

Yummy Roasted Veggies

Roasted Potatoes, Onions and Peppers

So this is my new favorite side dish this summer!  Anytime I can eat potatoes at dinner and not have my husband tease me about how "a bunch of french fries are not a real meal" (he also says this about popcorn and cereal! Seriously??!!! lol)  So anyways, these are really good and are definitely part of a "real meal".  Just slice up some potatoes between 1/4-1/2 inch thick, slice up some vidalia onions (love Walla Wallas) and some red bell peppers.  Place in a large bowl and toss with olive oil.  Cover your baking sheet with parchment paper (no trying to scrape up the food and having it rip apart!) and spread out your veggies then sprinkle with kosher salt.  Bake at 450 until crisp and roasted.  I made these again at my moms house for everyone during out visit this past month using fresh potatoes out of her garden and it was amazing!  This dish is easy and just makes me happy :) I like to serve this with grilled honey dijon lemon chicken! 



3 comments:

Trista said...

I make a dish like this too, I also add zucchini and baby carrots then toss all the veggies with olive oil, salt, pepper and some Italian seasoning.

MMMmmm yummy!

BluBabesCreate said...

Candace thanks for visiting and the kind compliments! Where did you grow up in Alberta?

Mel said...

mmm...so simple even I could make this :)

Thanks so much for coming by and leaving your nice comments. I would have liked to respond directly, but you don't have an email account linked to your blog profile. (noreply@blogger.com is what comes up).

If you do the butterfly specimen art for your daughter, I'd love to see it. It really is versatile.