Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Relaxing Lavendar Eye Pillow


Since I've gotten my sewing machine this past Christmas, I have made quite a few things for other people, but I haven't made anything for myself! So today I finished up this relaxing Lavender Rice Eye Pillow encased in a pretty satin fabric. I made a bunch of lavender rice heating pads with cute flannel covers for Christmas gifts so I just used some of my leftover muslin, rice and dried lavender to whip this up. It smells SO good and feels great over my eyes. For making cute looking heating pads, there is a GREAT tutorial that I used over at V & Co. And I modified it to make the smaller eye pillow.

Now if you'll just excuse me...my new lavender eye pillow is calling my name and it might just put me to sleep for the rest of the afternoon!

Creations by Kara

2 comments:

Butchike Bunch said...

Hey put that pretty little pillow in your hospital bag when it's time. I read lots about the calmimg effect of Lavender in labour.

Diana Ferguson said...

That is too cute!