Sunday, January 29, 2012

Turtleneck Makeover



I was at Target the other day and saw a whole bunch of turtlenecks on clearance in the girls section, but didn't really WANT to get my daughter any turtlenecks.  But for $1.78 a piece, I had an aha moment in the store and picked up a few.  This purple zebra one caught my eye in particular because lately J's favorite color is purple and I no one ever really gets her crazy prints like that so I thought she's be excited.  Then I also saw the purple velour skirt on clearance for $1.50 and the purple polk-a-dot pants for $1.00.  The next day I surprised her with the outfit and she couldn't believe it...it was so something she would put together (as you can tell, totally a 4 year old dressing herself style) And as I showed her the purple zebra turtleneck her eyes got huge and she was gasping when I proceeded to tell her, "I think we should cut the neck part off" and she gasped even louder and said "I WAS JUST GOING TO SAY THAT!!!" ..really???  well, either way wouldn't surprise me, she is always wanting me to alter things for her!

So anyways, here is how to have a little fun with a cheap turtleneck




 stretch out the neck part a bit to make it into a comfy headband.

 This is her favorite outfit right now, she is treasuring it and I'm cracking up a bit because the whole outfit was under $5 and is all mismatched clearance items but she is so happy that I know her "fashion sense" and surprised her with this. :P  She has so many cute and beautiful school and church clothes, it's nice for her to just have some random play clothes.


1 comment:

Crystal Escobar said...

Oh my gosh, I'm learning so much from you LOVE that idea!