Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dad's in our lives!  I am so grateful for my Dad, he is a warm, gentle, loving, intelligent, good listener, caring father who is always busy and active, mountaineering, cycling, (doing many awesome landscaping projects around the house with my mom) great at planning fun activities for everyone when the family is all together! He is always busy whether he is serving others or engaged in his physical activities or other projects...I have never seen him sitting around watching TV (besides Star Trek growing up...oh how I was always so sad it was on the same time as Simpsons!!!) Some of the things I learned from my dad are patience, attention to detail, and being thoughtful and methodical when doing things to make sure it's done right....that last one has taken a while to learn, but I have always observed him doing things in a careful precise manner.  I have many times slapped things together, in a rush for the instant gratification of finishing a project...but over time, I've come to understand the value of taking time and being patient, because that time in the beginning planning things out and making it all right can save you a lot of time and frustration in the end, and not only that, but can produce much more pleasing results.  And that pretty much applies to life in general, not just projects.  If you are patient and methodical about the things you do, the choices you make, it can save you a lot of time and frustration in the end!  But most of all, my Dad has always shown me unconditional love and that is the best gift a parent can give.  I know he will always be there for me.
And not to mention he a great dad, he is a SUPER fun PAPA and the kids ADORE him!  He NEVER hesitates to stop whatever he is doing, to play with the kids and spend time with them.
This is my DAD.



And Here is the Father's Day card I made for him.  I am not a scrapbooker, but I did have fun making these Father's Day Cards.

 I am also honored to have a wonderful Father-in-Law as well!  He is also warm, loving, caring, generous and charitable-never seeking the credit for it, and also pretty goofy (must be where my husband gets it from!)  I love listening to his stories and he is full of wisdom and knowledge.  I have known him since I was a junior in high school so he has definitely been an influence in my life along with my own dad.  Many times we have gone back to Connecticut, where his is from, for beach vacations and east coast pizza eating adventures, and we always go to this lobster shack for a huge fresh lobster.  One year the lobster claw was the size of an oven mit!  I'm not much of a lobster fan but the tradition is fun....and I will never forget when 2 year old Jordan wanted to be like her uncle and was sucking the meat out of the little legs!!!  (And I thought I was being brave for eating lobster bisque on my honeymoon! haha-I'm glad she's turning out to be more adventurous than me in the food department).  My Dad-in-law is the kind of person who takes the time to get to know people, genuinely cares about them, remembers their name and their families and is always asking how they are doing.  He has a heart for helping and encouraging others and he is a big flirt - all the women at his mother's retirement center have crushes on him! lol.    His father's Day card is reminiscing on our East Coast Summers.


Grampa (my dad in law) is a joker.  The other day J found some of the gag gifts he'd given us in the past...probably in our christmas stockings...

And then there is Tyler, my hubby.  He is a lot like his own dad, warm, loving, loyal, devoted...goofy....He is such a supportive husband and he adores our kids.  No matter how tired he is when he comes home from work, he jumps at the opportunity to play and jump in there to help out with the kids or whatever else I might need help with.  He makes us so proud and we love him so much.  He'll cook dinner, vacuum, clean the kitchen, change the diapers...pretty much he does anything he sees that needs to be done without me asking (except laundry that's where he draws the line....lol).  He is a great provider and is prudent in making sure all our needs are provided for now and in the future.  He is mature but also immature at the same time...but in the right ways...always being able to make us smile and laugh...even when I'm trying to be mad!  He's all hands on and super dad!

Here is a Slideshow I made for him on a previous father's day, I love the 2 songs on the track...so sweet! and the poem about how little girls need their daddy's at the end is precious.  You can view that years father's day post here.  Slideshows always make a great gift!

Here is my kid's hot dad...

with J on the creepy caterpillar roller coaster at the carnival this weekend



Playing with the kids after work like always...tiring them out before bed!


1 comment:

Crystal Escobar said...

I love the father's day card. SO cute!!!