Friday, June 3, 2011

Grilled Honey Dijon Lemon Chicken w/ Grilled Onion and Potato Slabs

Grilled Potato Slabs and Vidalia Onions
Tonight's dinner inspiration came from my new cookbook (yes as you can tell from my last couple of posts I've been enjoying it!) Cooking for Isaiah.  One of the meals in the book was Grilled Chicken with Potato Slabs, you can actually view this recipe yourself on her website Silvanas Kitchen.  However, I made my own marinade, mixing olive oil, dijon mustard, honey and some lemon juice in a bowl, whisking it together and then putting it in a ziplock bag with 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts and letting them marinate about 30 minutes in the fridge while I got the charcoal grill ready.  I made the potatoe slabs as Silvana does and decided to slice up a vadalia onion, brush with olive oil and grill as well.  We have the tiniest grill, it's a portable charcoal grill so we can only fit so much on it at a time.  The chicken cooked first and turned out really good, I just love that smokey flavor you get from the briquettes.  However, we were all so hungry, that when I took the chicken off and put the potatoes and onions on the grill, we ate the chicken right away then ate the rest of the meal later when it was done.  My tip is to take those soft grilled onions, they will fall apart when you pick them up and then place those yummy onions on top of the potato slabs...trust me!  My mouth is watering with that left over smokey flavor in my mouth and it's making me want more even though I feel so full!!!  ALL IN ALL....A super mouthwateringly good BBQ dinner! mmmmmmm......




2 comments:

Ashleigh@Sincerely said...

This post literally made my mouth water. So delicious looking!

Quirky Homemaker said...

Mmmm. . . that sounds yummy too!