Thursday, September 15, 2011

Autumn Placemat - Crafts with Kids

Make a Autumn Placemat with Fall Leaves
Fun Easy Crafts with Kids


I love doing projects with my kids that involve various activities.  This was a fun and easy project that I did with my daughter last fall when she was 3.  First I let her use her trick or treating pumpkin and we went for a nature walk and collected fall leaves.  She collected A LOT!  When we got back, she had a nap.  When she woke up, we went through and picked out the leaves that weren't torn.  We cut a section of contact paper the size of a placemat with the sticky side up and we arranged the leaves on top.  Then we cut another sheet about the same size and pressed it on top, so the two sticky sides were against each other.  She pushed it down and I had her rub it to get out the bubbles.  This was her placemat for the fall!  A fun, easy, cheap, no stress activity that even little ones can do and enjoy!  And for those of you with Vinyl cutters, I bet you could make this even cuter adding some lettering or something on top over the middle!  Maybe someday....sigh....:P



5 comments:

Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing and thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment.

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

ALso, you could save money by putting the leaves on top of construction paper or any other paper and then place one sheet of contact paper over top of it all.

Brandi said...

This is super cute! Thanks for the idea!

Unknown said...

I have done this project and used a laminator

Love In Style said...

Awesome idea!