Monday, November 1, 2010

Art Every Day Month!

 
For the month of November I will be participating in the Art Every Day Challenge.  I'm excited about to create something everyday and share it here!  For more details, check out Art Every Day Month Challenge HERE.
This is exactly what I've been needing to hold me accountable and do more creating...no matter how simple..just exercise those creativity muscles on a daily basis!  "Art" does not mean I have to paint or draw everyday, photography, baking, anything that exercises the creativity muscles counts! 

DAY 1

I did an "art lesson" with my daughter based off one of the project ideas in Discovering Great Artists.  We looked at some paintings by Constable featuring cloudscapes.  After I asked her if we should paint a farm with a cloudy sky or the beach or....I had her at beach so we went with that.  We then googled beach photos to get ideas of what the beach looks like.  Then we set up, taping paper to our placemats.  We drew 3 lines across lightly in pencil to distinguish between sand, water and sky.  We used oil pastels to make our clouds, waves and details on beach, then did a wash with watercolor.  Fun realizing you can still do some fun simple art while bouncing a 6 month old on one leg!!! lol.
just pastels
 I think J's is a sunset and she drew fish in the water
 after the watercolor wash





2 comments:

Crystal Escobar said...

That is so cool! What a great little lesson. I bet your daughter loved it!!!

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

I don't know how much she really got from it, but it was still fun and that's what counts. Doing art with kids is the funnest!