Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Handprint craft for Grandma

Grammy and Grandpa will be here soon and we are excited to see them, and celebrate Grammy's birthday too!  I'm wanting to have the kids make a birthday craft for her, encorporating handprints or footprints or a combo of both my 3 yr old and 4 month old.  Maybe a handprint flower (3 yr olds hand) paint a stem and then use the baby's footprints as leaves?  I don't know, I'll let you know what I figure out, but I did come across a link with some really sweet poems for grandma (or grandpa) to go with handprint crafts!  Check it out here.  I think I like poem #9
This is my hand.
My hand will do
A 1000 loving things with you
And you will remember
When I am tall…
That once my hand
Was just this small.
~Author Unknown
The idea of making a butterfly with footprints popped in my mind too and I thought I was clever, until I googled it and found out it's been done a lot...which is fine...lots of cute ideas for inspiration! 

Here are some great projects using footprints and handprints that I've found to give me ideas!  I'm going to do something tomorrow so I'll let you know what we end up doing!






 Footprint Potholder by Handprint and Footprint Art Blog (her entire blog is handprint and footprint art ideas!)


2 birthday's ago I made this cute handprint gift for grandma's that you can check out Here.

As I was searching for ideas I also found out there are many books dedicated to handprint / footprint art!
WHO KNEW!!!

Creativity for Kids My HandprintFrom the Hands of a Child: Special Seasonal Art Activities for Primary ChildrenCalendar Kids: Handprint Quilts Through the YearHand-Shaped Art: Start with the Shape of a Young Child's HandHappy Hands & Feet (Kids' Stuff)Handprint Wall Art Set In PinkHandprints and Kids' Art Trim by Carson Dellosa®Handprint Quilts: Creating Children's Keepsakes with Paint and FabricEd Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing BookPrecious Moments Handprint Kit

2 comments:

Verity said...

Thank you so much! That is such a sweet post - love the poem! I might have to try out some of the other hand projects out myself!

My Teacher's Name is Mama said...

Looked up "grandma handprint" in google this morning and found your post! Thanks!! Grandma's birthday is next week!