Friday, March 13, 2009

Lady Bug Cupcake Tower




This was for my daughter's first birthday. I made the cupcake tower in less then 5 minutes. Made chocolate and vanilla cupcakes as normal and decorated them with Martha Stewart's Meringue Buttercream Frosting, seperated into different bowls with different colors of food coloring. For the ladybug smash cake on top, I used a cereal bowl to bake some of the vanilla cake batter in. I crossed my fingers and it worked out great creating the body of the lady bug. For the head, I cut a chocolate cupcake in half and just stuck it against the frosted body, then added the eyes with frosting. Black licorice was used for the legs and anntenea. This was SO much fun and has really sparked my interest in cake decorating! For full instructions on making this cupcake tower, click HERE.

No comments: