Friday, March 13, 2009

Butterfly Watercolor

This is a watercolor butterfly painting I made for my friend this last Christmas. Who says you can't give an awesome gift on a budget? I found a butterfly photograph online, I think it might have been corbis to use as a reference and bought a matted frame at Micheals. Not only was this gift affordable, but it was from the heart and I knew she was going to love it. You don't have to be a great artist, just find an image you like as a reference...or if you are totally new to art, even trace the drawing if you want to focus on practicing you painting skills. In my college drawing class, we would often trace an image to get that part out of the way so we could focus on shading and other techniques. Give it a try! If you use watercolor and need to preserve light areas in your painting, learn how to mask a painting HERE.

To see more of my artwork, visit my online art gallery HERE.

No comments: