Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Crispy Carrot Fries

Crispy Carrot Fries


I came across these Crispy Sweet Potato Fries on Pinterest, but had no sweet potatoes on hand. I actually have very little on hand for dinner side options on this particular day but I had some carrots.  So I'm not sure why but I decided to make Carrot Fries using the method from The Art of Doing Stuff that she used on her sweet potato fries.  

First I peeled and cut up  my carrots into french fries and placed them in a bowl of salt water.

Put some cornstarch in a paper bag, drop the carrot fries in and shake thill they are all coated.


Spread out on a sheet of parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil.

 Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, check if they are crispy enough, if not, bake a few more minutes.

The carrot fries were pretty good, they reminded me of sweet potato fries, in that carrots are also kinda sweet.  I think I would prefer to just have sweet potato fries....or regular fries because I love french fries, BUT if you are looking for something new to do with carrots as a side dish, it definitely was a good alternative and will probably do it again sometime.  Normally we just eat carrot sticks raw or diced up and in a stir fry.  Definitely pop over and check out the crispy sweet potato fries post from The Art of Doing Stuff, her photos are awesome and those sweet potato fries look bomb!  I can't wait to try it next time I get some sweet potatoes!


No comments: