Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rose Petal Tutu


Rose Petal Tutu Knock Off

I LOVE going through those expensive catalogs such as Pottery Barn and Land of Nod, they are full of great ideas and many of them are so cheap and easy to replicate. This is my most current knock off, a best seller on the Land of Nod website, it's the Rose Petal Tutu. I thought this would make for a great Valentines Day gift for my little sweet pea who is obsessed with wearing princess dresses and tutus.


Just in time for Valentines Day!!!

A tutorial on this one is coming soon...

My Version...



And on the topic of Knock Offs, There was a really fun and interesting post by Holly on her Homebody blog that I quite enjoyed entitled "Who's Copying Who?" She showcases some of Pottery Barns new items that seem to look just a little too familiar to those in the crafty blog world. A lot of people make knock off versions of Pottery Barn items, but it this case, it seems Pottery Barn may be knocking off the blogs...only charging an arm and a leg for their versions! lol.
This inspired Holly to host a Pottery Barn Knock Off Party! it's scheduled for Tuesday, February 16 GO HERE to link up your PB knock-off. It can be something new, or something you did a while ago.



Meanwhile, my sweetpea and I made some YUMMY Chocolate Chip Cookies today with a recipe out of my Better Homes and Garden Cookbook....Soft...Chewy...and Really Good!

3 comments:

Gracie said...

I LOVE this!! You are SO crafty!!

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

Thanks! It's super easy you could do it too, I just posted the tutorial!

Pam @ bibbidi-bobbidi-beautiful said...

Nice to meet you, Candace! These are so cute- My girls would love these!