Monday, February 1, 2010

One Small Change


I came across this challenge on Hip Mountain Mama called One Small Change. The challenge is to make one change each month leading up to Earth Day and blog about it. That's just one change to focus on each month, I think I can do that and am really excited to do it too!
My change for this month is to recycle the enormous stash of plastic grocery store bags we have hiding under the sink and get some reusable shopping bags to use from now on. That will be my first change for the challenge.

Some of the things we have already done before starting the challenge is quit buying bottled water, driving less by planning the week out, driving a fuel efficient car, keeping the thermostat low, printing double sided and letting my daughter use scrap paper for arts and crafts projects, and maybe some others but that's off the top of my head. We could definitely be more green.

Oh yeah, and I just remembered, I have a How-To article that I wrote fairly recently that goes right along with this project: How to Fight Global Warming Through Diet

1 comment:

Hip Mountain Mama said...

I am so glad you joined the challenge! Bringing your own bags is a great change and I know you are going to love it!
Suzy