Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Perfect First Food

Well, the little guy is 6 months now! Can you believe it?  The time has gone by so fast!  And the day this little guy has been waiting for finally came....his first solid foods!  Our pediatrician told us that Avocado's are the perfect first food for baby, so that is what he got...his first food (not counting the sugar crumb topping from banana bread my daughter snuck him..oh and the piece of chocolate chip muffin when he was like 4 months).
 Big sister was so excited to feed him!
 He was excited to eat...but not liking his sister doing it so much....

 We're introducing foods opposite the way we did with our first.  Our ped says avocado first, then all the green veggies, then the orange veggies and so on...then cereal is last!

3 comments:

Crystal Escobar said...

oh wow! That is crazy!!! I never knew that, thanks for sharing. I always started with rice cereal. Why did she say start with avocados? Is this a new thing?
Anyway, I just voted for your wonderful blog on top mommy blogs :)

Emma's Lunch said...

Hi I've been looking through your blog because I really like it and I thought you might find this post of mine useful. Its all about baby food. :)

http://emmaslunch.blogspot.com/2010/10/baby-food-veggies.html

Let me know if you like it... I started Emma with carrots :)

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Oooh, I like that!

I've weaned my four littlies and with each progressive child, I have to say the meals got simpler and simpler!!

The first was given papaya and mango.....the fourth mainly got chopped up versions of what we had!!

Following you right back!