Saturday, February 19, 2011

Coconut Ice Cream - Dairy Free!


What's better than a bowl of ice cream?   A bowl of homemade dairy free coconut ice cream!  YUM! 
This is my favorite, I like it so much and when I have it I don't feel like I'm just having to be content with some non-dairy alternative.  My husband isn't dairy free and he likes this better than regular vanilla homemade ice cream. (And all homemade ice cream is 100x better than store bought!) 
you know I can't help myself!!! I keep the chocolate chips in the freezer and put them in/on everything possible!

1 can Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk

1/2 cup sugar (more or less depending on how sweet you like it.
1-2 tsp vanilla to taste

empty the can of coconut milk into a metal mixing bowl, add sugar and vanilla and mix together.  Taste test and add more vanilla and sugar if desired, Cover with seran wrap and chill in fridge.  Pour into ice cream maker and make according to ice cream machine directions.  we use this one 


Now, as I'm enjoying this heavenly, easy to make dairy free ice cream, I'm listening to this song I love that we sometimes listen to at the end of my BodyFlow class during final relaxation.  I need to learn this song and sing it to my kids at bedtime.  

A Hundred Thousand Angels by Bliss


      

No comments: