Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Might Lose it!

Do you ever feel like you could just lose it sometimes?  I used to pride myself on my endless amounts of patience and never losing my temper, but I can't really claim bragging rights to those traits anymore.  I've discovered  that I DO have those limits and more often than not, lately, I just feel like I'm trying to contain myself from throwing a major mommy temper tantrum! 

It's not the 3 month old baby that is demanding, it's my 3 year old.  The only time I feel like she is not getting into trouble is when I'm giving her exactly 110% of my attention...which I do give her plenty of attention, but it's not possible to do that all the time!  Anyways...I'm just extra frustrated right now because (on top of the non-stop whining) yesterday was my big reorganize and clean day.  While my husband took her swimming yesterday evening, I emptied her dresser, sorted out her outfits, packed away ones that were too small and then neatly folded and organized her dresser...it was perfect. Well, not even 24 hours later, it's all a giant mess in the middle of her room.  I put her down for a nap, reading her stories, singing songs..then I went to feed the baby and get him down for a nap.  Well, Suddenly I had the urge to check on her and my instincts were right, she tore her room apart, emptied all her drawers and threw everything around.  I just get so frustrated because there is no reason and I feel like why do I even bother putting effort into organizing things or picking up when it won't last for more than a day or even an hour?  And I get frustrated and wonder why does she always seem to have the impulse to make huge messes and be destructive?  If she didn't want to sleep, she could play with her kitchen or other toys in her room, or look at books, but she rarely does that...instead she becomes a tornado and turns her entire room upside-down. 

I just hate feeling like I'm getting after her a lot because that's not the kind of attention I want to give her and not the kind of attention I want her to seek.  Maybe all 3 year olds are like this...I hope so and that this phase will pass soon!

1 comment:

Crystal Roberts said...

So sorry for your frustration, I really think it could possibly be adjusting to the new baby, we have seen it a little with each new addition, and it doesn't seem to matter how much time you spend. Hopefully it get's better soon!