Thursday, January 28, 2010

Amazing Chocolate Pudding


Okay, so maybe when you think of pudding you think of either babies or very old people...people who don't have teeth, however, this homemade chocolate pudding is absolutely wonderful! This is not to be confused for the same stuff that comes out of a jello box...oh no! Just trust me and try this, it's simple enough to make! My mother-in-law passed this great recipe onto me after my husband kept asking me for this favorite childhood treat of his. Just remember, try eating it when it's still a bit warm! It's awesome cold out of the fridge too, but once it's solid enough, but still warm...that's the best!

Oh yeah, and by the way, I tried other chocolate pudding recipes before asking my MIL for hers, and they were not nearly as good as hers....so, here it is!

Gram's Chocolate Pudding

1/2 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Cocoa (I use Hersheys)
3 TBsp Corn Starch
1/4 tsp Salt
2 1/2 cups Milk
1 tsp Vanilla

*Mix sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in saucepan.
*Add the milk slowly and stir until smooth.
*Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture starts to thicken, then cook and stir for 3 minutes longer. (this takes the longest...don't get impatient, keep stirring so it doesn't scorch on the bottom)
*Remove from heat.
*Stir in Vanilla.
*Pour into prepared cups.
*Allow it to cool/set on counter.

This makes 4 servings using my ramekins.

To dress it up, you could add a dollop of whip cream on top, but really, it's totally satisfying on it's own.

No comments: