Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Healthy Family

One thing that I feel pretty passionate about is something I'm sure many moms out there are as well, and that is having a healthy family. Now, I'm not perfect or anywhere near it, but I do try to be as health conscious as I can, subscribing to a few natural health newsletters and trying to stay away from unhealthy foods, products and toys as much as possible.  One of my favorite posts I like to share is the one about Nutrition and having a healthy family as well as my love of Tropical Traditions and Green Toys.

One issue I am dealing with in the new house is insects.  I keep finding random ants in the kitchen and lots of spiders in the basement. I was so grossed out because in our previous apartment, I never saw any bugs ever! And we were on the ground floor too, I think they did regular pest control, however I never saw them spraying anything.  I wasn't sure if something was wrong with the doors/windows but my husband asked around at work and apparently everyone here has the same problems, even in newer buildings.  So anyways, I was researching ways to deal with these creepy crawlies naturally, because they really freak me out, I literally freak out when I see spiders but I'm hesitant to use toxic pesticides with having little kids.  I came across this website Healthy Child Healthy World and found some great tips.  The next day after I had found this website, my sister posted the video below on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you guys.  Another resource I've been meaning to tell you all about is this fantastic book I got called Natural Baby and  Childcare by Dr. Lauren Feder, M.D. I love this book because she is a trained Medical Doctor as well as Holistic Practitioner, so throughout the book, she gives you thorough advice and information from both sides of the isle as well as the pros and cons of each in every topic and area of childcare.  I think this is a must have book for every family household! It is one of my best purchases!  She also has a website with a lot of great info, check it out and bookmark it, Dr. Feder.com.
Natural Baby and Childcare: Practical Medical Advice and Holistic Wisdom for Raising Healthy Children



                       

No comments: