Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Baby and Chicks Photo - Sony DSC-RX100/B 20.2 MP

OK I just had to share a couple pictures I took of my little guy with the chicks a couple weeks ago!  He was 7 months old here and the chicks were between 1-2 weeks old.





I guess if I'll add anything else, I will say that I love our new camera!  We had to replace our old one right when he was born because it stopped working, I think it got sand in it at the Oregon Coast last summer.  We got a deal on this because it was last years model and we found it through Amazon Warehouse Deals.  Once you know what you are looking for, check regularly till a really good deal comes up.  This was hundreds of dollars less than the original because it was the previous years model and it was also discounted because it has a small scratch on the LDC screen.  


Sony DSC-RX100/B 20.2 MP 

Exmor CMOS Sensor Digital Camera with 3.6x Zoom


We wanted a nice camera that could take high quality photos with manual and automatic settings, but we didn't want to have to carry a big heavy camera with a giant lense everywhere either...we love that this can slip in your pocket or the cell phone pocket of a purse and takes great photos.  it currently isn't as deeply discounted as when we got it but like I said, with the warehouse deals, if you are patient and keep checking, you can get save hundreds off the regular price due to minor "damage".  We also got our TV from Amazon Warehouse deals, same thing, my hubby checked frequently for a couple months and then when the price got really low on one he wanted, he ordered it.  It had a small scratch on the back of the frame...you can't even see it! (we had to replace our old TV after the move because the movers didn't wrap it or anything for that matter-they damaged a LOT of stuff , some of the boxes looked like they had flown off the truck while it was driving down the freeway!-the screen was so badly damaged it wasn't usable.  Thank goodness for insurance!)  

Anyways, I love this camera, I am getting better at figuring out the settings, I wish it had a little better of a zoom because our old camera had a really great zoom lens, but it was bulky.  I can do without the extra zoom for the quality and convenience of this one.  And if you can get a good deal on this or something similar, it might even cost less than a professional photography session for your baby or kids and with this you can take professional quality photos yourself, whenever you want!  So anyways, there are great camera options outside of the big Canons and Nikons if you aren't trying to start a career in photography or concerned with having the ability to change out lenses.  I LOVE that I can slip this Sony into the pocket on my ERGO when I'm on field trips with the kids or hikes as a family. (Another deal! I found my performance ERGO for like 60% off the regular price on Zulily). With baby number 3 it was really the only new thing I got.  

Oh and one particular feature I love is that there is a dial on the front to quickly change the aperture or shutter depending on what settings I am using so I can be holding the baby in one arm and with only one hand free, be taking a picture and quickly adjusting the settings with ease.



1 comment:

sattakingplaybazaar said...

A simple starting method is setting stop-loss dollar amounts to weed out dropping stocks. This sample portfolio should only leave you the growing winners that are trending upwards. Play bazaar satta king