Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Homeschool Fun

Homeschool Fun

I mentioned in my last post on our St. Patricks Day Themed activities that school had gotten kind of boring for a while there due to first trimester exhaustion.  But here a couple of the fun activities we have done lately as I've been getting back on top of things and planning more...rather than just doing workbooks and flash cards!  lol.  

Here is one of J's FAVORITE games to play.  I make a little "shop" with things from around the house and we play shopping.  She buys something and has to figure out how to pay me the correct amount in coins.  She has no idea this is "school" related...lol.  The kids have also been enjoying watching the rock'n'learn money & making change DVD to help.



We love doing art!  Here is one activity we did from the book Drawing Faces by Usborne.  We were making cartoon faces.  I had her use the yellow dot stamp thing for the head and then draw the different features while looking at examples from the book.

We were a TJ Maxx recently and on clearance found the Discovery Kids Recycled Paper Factory so here are the kids making their own paper...my almost 3 year old B could have done this all day!



 Their paper turned out great but I forgot to photograph it.

And we've gotten some later winter snow storms recently so they have enjoyed playing in the snow a lot...and eating it.





 And building a snow fort with Dad which on different days transformed into different things in their minds...one day it was a pirate ship, another day it was a teepee and they collected sticks from around the yard pretending they were dear and buffalo hide.

This is an Easter Sensory box we just did.  We are moving out of state this weekend so I decided to do some things early in case we are too out of sorts to be able to easily put things like this together after the move...closer to Easter.  I found this on Pinterest from More Fun Mom and literally did exactly what she did.  Maybe just paraphrased some of the verses a little to make sure I got through them all before they lost interest.  I know not the most glorious looking sensory bin out there but hey, I am still pretty tired and have a lot going on with the move and so it's nice to just throw something together that the kids still have fun with and occupies them for a good amount of time!




And they play doctor ALL the time. B is always covering J in Bandaids....I stock up at Dollar Tree.


PS- we do more than just this, but I don't get around to photographing most of what we do!  I used to be much better about that.  J has been learning a lot of life skills and doing a lot of food prep and making with very little help....I supervise and help only when needed but try to encourage her to do it om her own as much as she safely can.  It makes her so proud of herself.


2 comments:

Unknown said...



Hi !

My name is Eric and I work at CafePress—the world’s premier customization engine that allows its users to create and design unique custom products. We found your blog online and we love your site! We are looking for bloggers such as yourself and I wanted to see if you’d be interested in having us sponsor a free product for yourself or your viewers.

Would you be interested in reviewing one of our custom or personalized products? If not, we have a ton of different products ranging from clothing for adults and children, home accessories, decor, drinkware, to sports memorobillia, stationary and bedding. I’m sure with the wide amount of products we have, there will be surely be something that you could incorporate to your blog to further engage your site's audience.

If you are interested, please let me know! You can take a look at our products on www.cafepress.com to see if there are any products or samples that you are interested in. We look forward to working with you to review and share our products with your readers.

Looking forward to your response,



Eric Kao
Community Outreach
ekao@cafepress.com

CafePress Inc.
The World's Customization Engine
CafePress Facebook
www.cafepressinc.com


Heather said...

Hi Candace! Looks like you guys have a blast! My name is Heather and I was hoping you could answer a question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!