- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 12 7-inch flour tortillas or 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 10.75-ounce can reduced-fat condensed cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- 1 8-ounce carton light dairy sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
Directions1. In a medium skillet cook the 1/4 cup almonds and the onion in hot butter over medium heat until onion is tender and nuts are lightly toasted. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the canned green chile peppers; reserve remaining peppers for sauce.
2. In a medium bowl stir together cream cheese, the 1 tablespoon milk, and the cumin; add nut mixture and chicken. Stir until combined. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla near an edge; roll up. Place filled tortillas, seam side down, in a greased 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Set aside.
3. For sauce, in a medium bowl combine the reserved chile peppers, the soup, sour cream, and the 1 cup milk. Pour evenly over the tortillas in the baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven about 35 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil. Sprinkle enchiladas with cheese and the 2 tablespoons almonds. Return to oven; bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Makes 6 servings.
AND I forgot to tell you guys, because I was so busy with sick kids and company at the time, but I won a giveaway over at Wanna Be Balanced Mom, and received my lace shirt today and LOVE it! Thank you Crystal! She always has great giveaways, and has another sweet giveaway going on right now that ends tomorrow so CHECK IT OUT!